Whether you have a dehydrator or just want to use your oven and add some warmth to your home at the same time, these easy treats will please any dog. And they are so easy you won't want to stop making them.
The best part? They are super healthy and very low in fat and calories to help keep your dog stay trim and slim.
Here's our recipe!
- Mix together about one cup each equal parts of...
- 1 can 8 oz. of organic pure plain pumpkin (remember it needs to be pure, not pumpkin for pies that includes spices and other ingredients) and...
- 1 cup 8 oz. of organic apple sauce (or you can blend up organic apples in your blender.)
- Lay out some parchment paper (which is healthier than foil) and spread the mixture about 1/8 to 1/4 inches thick) in stripes on the paper about 6 inches long and one inch wide.
- Dehydrate in your oven at about 170 degrees for about eight hours, or dehydrate in your dehydrator at 130 degrees for about 10 hours.
The resulting jerky should be firm, but not sticky or brittle, when fully cooked. As ovens and dehydrators vary greatly we recommend checking on your cooking jerky often during the process of cooking.
That's it! Super easy and super yummy and healthy for your dog!