How your pup can help you around the house and help reduce your family's carbon footprint is unlimited by your imagination!
Before you get started teaching your dog these wonderful and helpful tricks, we recommend that you watch this video of an overview of clicker training. Clicker training is a wonderful way to help your pup learn - easily, effectively and with loads of fun. Just ask me, I love my clicker!
Here are a few ideas of great things you can teach your dog to do to help save energy:
- Teach your dog to turn off a light switch and save energy
- Teach your dog to fetch and put items in the recycle bin - Part 1 and Part 2
- Teach your dog names of objects to help with discrimination
- Teach your dog to close the refrigerator door and conserve
Using what you learned in these 'tricks' there is much more you can teach your pup, like...
- Pull a drapery cord to close those drapes or blinds and conserve energy
- Close the outside door when your arms are full of groceries and save on heating and cooling costs and energy
- Retrieve junk mail and other item, and put in recycling bin
- Pull the recycling bin out to the curb for pick up
- And, loads more...