For guys and gals, there is no need to go without a pawsome date for the big day. Dogs make amazing Valentine's Day dates!
When they slobber it's not gross. They don't interrupt you when you're talking. You don't have to go all out, spending a lot of money...dogs like the simple things in life. You don't have to dress up, dog's love day old sweatshirts. And there are few things better than cuddling on the couch, sipping your favorite beverage and watching a great movie with your four-legged best friend.
So why not make some pawsome treats for your favorite four legged Valentine to enjoy the day!
Here are two of our favorite Valentine's Day Dog Treats that you can make quickly and easily with little ingredients.
Sweet Potato Cookie Crisps
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake sweet potato until cooked (this is a good time to make some for yourself too!).
- Once cooked, scoop the sweet potato flesh out of the skin and mash.
- Add one cup of sweet potato to a mixture of the whole wheat flour, applesauce and eggs.
- Mix until it forms a dough then roll out the dough about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out into desired shapes (dogs, hearts, paws and more) and arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp for about 35 to 45 minutes, cool on a wire rack.
Red Kisses Dog Treats
- Organic Strawberries
- Clean and trim strawberries.
- Lay out strawberries without touching on either your dehydrator trays or on a baking sheet with parchment paper for your oven.
- Dehydrate in your dehydrator for 3-4 hours, or in your oven at 140 degrees for 3-4 hours until they are no longer sticky, but still bendable. Check often.
Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!
Photos courtesy of Tnkntx, Wellsphere,