So we thought we would take it just a little further and recommend another one of our favorite treats - Homemade Sweet Potato Chips for dogs!
Our chips don't last as long as our chews and they are smaller, but the nice part is they bake a lot faster than our chews, which makes them a great treat to make and enjoy more often.
So let's get started!
- Wash and peel two sweet potatoes - organic is best!
- Use a kitchen slicer (if you have one) or cut the potatoes as thin as you can (at least 1/9" thin).
- Arrange the slices on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, until the edges begin to curt. (You may want to turn at 10 minutes and re-brush).
- That's it...cool and let your dog's enjoy!
For the humans we have a few variations that you may want to enjoy. You can have one cooking sheet baking for your dog and one for you too!
- Salty - brush a mixture of 2 tb. olive oil, 1 tb. garlic powder, sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Hot and Sweet - brush a mixture of 1/4 tsp. cayanne pepper, 2 tb. maple syrup, 2 tb. olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Sweet - brush a mixture of 2 tb olive oil, 1/3 tb. cinnamon, 1 tb. maple syrup and then sprinkle with a little coarse salt.
- Herbal - brush a mixture of 2 tb olive oil, crushed garlic clove, 1/4 chopped rosemary and then sprinkle with a little coarse salt.
Enjoy!!! And let us know if you vary the recipe any and share your great ideas with our other readers! Google