After Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Small Business Saturday, it's time to think about others this holiday season.
We have some great ideas how you can give back to dogs (and other pets) this special day, throughout the holiday season and into 2016:
- Donate to your local shelter pups - include dog food, toys, treats, leashes, collars, food dishes, crates, litter, beds and more, that dogs will love to enjoy.
- Donate monetarily to your local no-kill sheter and help pets in need.
- Shelters always need volunteers to spend time with the lonely pets, especially this holiday season. Call up your local shelter and volunteer to visit with the pets and take the dogs on a much needed walk!
- Put together a gift basket for your local shelter - include cleaning items (like mops, brooms and vacuums), newspapers, grooming items, pet shampoo, blankets, towels, laundry detergent, dish soap, trash bags, office supplies (like pens, paper, computer equipment and more), rugs, kiddie pools (for the summer) and more!
- Consider becoming a foster parent for a dog in need.
- Click to help dogs in need while you're on the computer - Animal Rescue Site, and FreeKibble.com.
- If you are ready to add a pup to your family, consider adopting from your local animal shelter.
See all the animal related charities participating in #GivingTuesday.
Photo courtesy of Liana Aghajanian.