Thursday, November 29, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
In this column, I'm going to look at the environmental impacts of pet ownership, some of which are fairly obvious and some of which most of us rarely consider. Then in my next column, I'll examine the solutions to these problems, and even provide a glimpse into ways that sharing our lives with companion animals improves the planet.Read this column and watch for her follow up column. We'll be sure and post about it here! Photo of Scarlett courtesy of Christie Keith.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
We all love our pets, but it is essential that we all become responsible pet owners. Responsible pet ownership allows you to enjoy the presence of native birds and wildlife in your surroundings as well as your pet. Poor management of domestic animals can have a significant impact on the local environment in numerous ways from producing pollution to killing native wildlife.Read more! And good job for getting the info out Bankstown!
Monday, November 12, 2007
"Both cats and dogs can have a detrimental effect on the environment," says Rodney van der Ree, senior ecologist at the Australian Research Centre for Urban Ecology. "But I would have to say that in terms of predation at least, cats are the worst offenders."Read more...
Sunday, November 11, 2007
- Light and refreshing with a Lavender & Mint scent
- pH-balanced to be gentle on your dog's sensitive skin
- Free of potentially harmful SLS and ALS
- Safe for use on puppies
- Soap free
- Made in USA
- Recyclable packaging
And here are some other great links:
Natural Lawn Care Tips
Organic Lawn Care Tips
Dandelion Removal Tips
Lawn care supply stores are getting in on the act and beginning to carry many more organic fertilizers. If your store doesn't care what you need, try looking for a more natural way to take care of your lawn - with GardensAlive!
- Adopt a dog from a shelter or rescue group
- Spay or neuter your dog to reduce overpopulation.
- Keep your dog from unnecessarily killing wildlife
- Purchase products made closer to home, and help lower the energy costs of shipping goods.
- Buy sustainable and durable products that don't have to be replaced so often.
- Feed your pup foods and treats that have organic or all natural ingredients.
- Use cleaning and other household products that are good for the environment.
- Purchase a Doggie Dooley and recycle that pet waste, and when on the road use biodegradable poo bags when cleaning up the doo.
- Buy products for your pup made out of all natural materials, like hemp dog collars and cotton clothing.
- Use environmentally friendly deicers on your drive and sidewalks - good for your pets and the World.
- Spend some time making some of your pups toys and goods - take an afternoon and turn those old socks into a great tugging toy; or old blankets into bedding.
- Cook for your pup, for a healthier dog and a healthier environment.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
There are many, many TV and movie animal actors who have entertained us over the years - cats, dogs, wild animals, birds, and more. All types of animals have been on the big (and little) screen and either tugged at our hearts, made us laugh, or made a lasting impression for one reason or another.
The cool folks at PetsitUSA started this Link Love Project so we could make a list of some of our favorites! Let’s see how many unforgettable animal actors we can name!
————— Copy and paste this line and below ——————
List your favorite animal actor and let’s share some link love in the process!
Here’s what to do:
1.) Copy and paste the matrix of “Unforgettable Animal Actors” below, courtesy of PetsitUSA.com!
2.) Substitute the Host Tag and one of the “Animal Actors” in the matrix with the name of your favorite animal actor and the URL of your blog, just like I did.
3.) When you get a ping back from someone that has your link in one of their “Animal Actors”, practice good paw by copying his/her Host Tag’s anchor text (automatically the associated link will also be copied) and paste it over one of your “Animal Actors” below.
5.) Encourage and invite your readers to do the same and soon we will have a list of unforgettable animal actors!
1. Mr. Ed - PetsitUSA.com 2. Buddy (from Air Bud) - JohannTheDog 3. Benji (he was a rescue!)- RescueMe 4. Flipper - PawsibleMarketing 5. Pete (from the Little Rascals) - Fuzzy Logic 6. Enzo (from My Dog Skip) - Raise A Green Dog! 7. The Taco Bell Chihuahua - The Poodle (and dog) blog 8. Old "Yeller" - For the Love of Labradors 9. Animal Actor 10. Animal Actor 11. Animal Actor 12. Animal Actor 13. Animal Actor 14. Animal Actor 15. Animal Actor 16. Animal Actor 17. Animal Actor 18. Animal Actor 19. Animal Actor 20. Animal Actor
Important: Once I get a ping back from you, I will add your anchor text and the associated link you designate as “Host Tag” here, and add your favorite animal actor to the list here. As more and more doggie bloggers copy and paste this matrix, the more backlinks you will have with your anchor text. If everybody who copies and pastes from your blog does the same, pretty soon this will spread and go viral. (And we don’t have to stop at 20!) So, the sooner you participate, the more links with anchor text you will receive.
There it is folks. This should help you improve your Technorati ranking, SERP and Google PR and get you noticed with more blogs - we all like making friends, right? Please leave a comment here if you have copied from this matrix so that I can add you just in case your ping-back didn’t reach me.
————— Copy and paste this line and above ——————
(Thanks to Johann the Dog for the basic matrix!)