Another thing I really love are the sweet potato chews that Mum likes to make for us since sweet potatoes are a staple in our fall shopping bag.
Today we sharing are favorite recipe that you can share with all your dog loving friends and family:
- Wash a sweet potato (organic is best and we peel them).
- Cut down the middle lengthwise.
- Then cut long lengthwise slices about 1/4 of an inch wide (thick).
- Place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet (use a stainless steel cookie sheet for healthier cooking).
- Put in the oven at 250 degrees for about 3 hours. This leaves them kind of chewy, but you could also bake them a little longer to get them crunchy.
Waffle cut them for more fun with a mandolin.
Cut them in slices and they will cook more quickly.
We like to keep them out in an opened bag and let the moisture dissipate a little, then we will store them in the fridge...we keep them for about 4-5 days or so, since we like to eat them up pretty quickly :)
Photos courtesy of Steve Johnson and Leslie May. Google